At Shweet™ we work hard to make sure that our contests are fair. It’s one of the reasons why we have Rules.
It doesn’t happen often, but we’re unhappy when we catch Members breaking the Rules; usually this results in us having to close their account. Those Members also forfeit any prizes they might otherwise have received, because when we disqualify someone, we draw a new winner. We don’t enjoy doing this, but we have to do it to make sure our contests are as fair as possible. As with so many things in life, it is a case of the tiny few causing problems for the great majority who follow the rules and act reasonably.
Here are some guidelines to ensure that you’re using Shweet in a legitimate way:
1. Follow the Rules. If a Member tries to get around the Rules to improve their odds at the expense of other Members we will find out and disqualify that Member from his or her wins. Shweet limits entries to each contest to keep it fair for everyone. When it comes to fairness, we mean business.
2. Members must use bona fide personal Facebook and Twitter accounts, not special-purpose accounts (including “contesting accounts”), which violates the Rules.
3. It’s obvious, but worth repeating: share only what you care about or what you think your Facebook and Twitter friends will enjoy. Shweet gives you lots of choices, and lots of ways to share. If you don’t see something you like, then there is no need to share. We have new content every day, and it’s better to share thoughtfully than to overdo it.
4. Don’t enter contests for items that you don’t really want or cannot use. Sometimes we have contests for special or unique experiences; if a Member wins that and does not want it, that only deprives another Member who really did want the prize. If you do happen to win based on a free contest entry, then just e-mail us and let us know you would like to forfeit the prize. We’d be happy to redraw so that someone can enjoy the prize.
5. Respond promptly to winner emails from Shweet. If a Member ignores emails we will consider the prize to have been abandoned, in accordance with the Rules.
We are lucky to have a great group of loyal Members at Shweet and we are serious about making sure that contests are always fair and that Members follow the Rules. It benefits everyone.